The Verein für Technische Holzfragen e.V. (VTH) (Association for Technical Issues related to Wood) founded in 1946 is an organization of enterprises and individuals intending to advance research and development around the material wood and other regenerative raw materials.
In order to reflect the growing sphere of the association and to meet the requirements of its member on four continents, in March 2004 the VTH was renamed in iVTH International Association for Technical Issues related to Wood.
The focal fields of its work are:
- Evaluation and direct/indirect support of research and development projects
- Allocation of research missions with actual targets
- Transfer of research results and participation in their implementation
- Organization of scientific events
- Award of the Wilhelm-Klauditz-Prize for Wood Research and Environment
- Advisory service for its members by specialized scientists of the Wilhelm-Klauditz-Institute
(short consultancies are free of charge)
The iVTH is member of the
Arbeitsgemeinschaft industrieller Forschungsvereinigungen "Otto von Guericke" e. V. (AiF), Köln, and embedded into that AiF-System der industriellen Gemeinschaftsforschung, its network all economic sectors and innovation carrier of Germany covers.
Further information is available under www.aif.de
The members of the iVTH are informed at regular intervals and free of charge about the latest research results of the Fraunhofer-Institute for Wood Research, Wilhelm-Klauditz-Institute and also about those of other research facilities. Here, particularly the short reports regarding the current projects represent a significant head start in information, because these reports are intended exclusively for our members.
If you have any questions or if you are interested in further information, please contact::
Internationaler Verein für Technische Holzfragen e.V.
International Association for Technical Issues related to Wood
Bienroder Weg 54 E
Tel.: +49 531 2155-209
Fax: +49 531 2155-334