The iVTH was founded in 1946 as "Verein für Technische Holzfragen" on the initiative of Dr. Wilhelm Klauditz, the former director of the correspondent institute, subsequent the Fraunhofer-Institut für Holzforschung.
The iVTH is an association of companies and personalities which promotes research and development in the field of wood and other renewable raw materials.
Our missions are:
- Evaluation and support of research and development works
- Assignment of research missions with actual objectives
- Implementation of research results
- Organizing scientific events
- Award of the Wilhelm-Klauditz-Prize for Wood Research and Environmental Protection
The iVTH provides advice for its members and informs them regularly and free of charge about actual research results of the Fraunhofer Institute for Wood Research, Wilhelm-Klauditz-Institut WKI and other research bodies. Short reports from current research projects are for our members exclusive.
iVTH is member of
- German Federation of Industrial Research Associations - AiF e. V., Köln, Germany
click here to visit AiF
- Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft zur Förderung der angewandten Forschung e.V., München, Germany
click here to visit FhG
- Holzforschung Austria | Austrian Forest Products Research Society, Vienna, Austria
click here to visit Holzforschung Austria
- Adhesive Technology Board - GAK
Adhesive Technology Board
- Hardwood Research Interest Group - IGLHF
Hardwood Research Interest Group
- Verein zur Förderung der Normung im Bereich Holzwirtschaft und Möbel e. V. (VFNHM)